Accommodation Request Process
1. Student Contacts the ADA Coordinator.
2. Complete required paperwork –application form, release form, etc.
3. Obtain and provide documentation of your disability to the ADA Coordinator.
4. Documentation review by the UBTech case management team to determine eligibility.
5. Decision made regarding eligibility and specific accommodations.
- APPROVED: Reasonable accommodations identified. Instructor is notified and provides accommodation. (Allow 45 days)
- NOT APPROVED: Contact your ADA Coordinator for more information.
PLAN AHEAD — Please start the process early since accommodations cannot be retroactive. If you have any questions or need clarification of the process, contact ADA Coordinators Jim LaMuth at 435.725.7103 or Amber Thacker at 435.722.6914.
ADA and OCR
The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) provide comprehensive civil rights and protections for persons with disabilities. “No otherwise qualified person with a disability in the United States . . . shall, solely on the basis of disability, be denied access to, or the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity provided by any institution receiving federal financial assistance.” A “qualified student” is defined as a student . . . “who meets the academic and technical standards required to admission or participation in the education program or activity.” (Source – Rehabilitation Act of 1973 – Section 504)
Uintah Basin Technical College may not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, educational process, or treatment of students with disabilities. Students must voluntarily disclose that they have a disability (self-identify), request accommodation, and provide documentation of their disability.
For more information regarding this matter, contact Jim LaMuth, Student Success Officer, 435.725.7103 or Amber Thacker, Student Success Officer, 435.722.6914.
For more information click here: